Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Friday, March 23, 2012

Revisiting an old book

Not an old book, really. It's one I wrote last fall. I finished it and set it aside because I honestly didn't know if it was any good.

Well, I just re-read it. I think it's good. In fact, in a couple of spots I said, "Damn. That's really good." When I wrote it, I wasn't sure if I was wasting my time or not. But I read it over these last few days and have decided it's good to go--to my beta reader, for her evaluation.

Next up is Gilt. I edited it, it's been reviewed, now I have to re-read it, hopefully to catch any errors (grr. That boo-boo in Mist still bugs the crap out of me). Then I'll get a cover for it and hopefully upload it in a month or two

By then I hope to have a reply from the lawyer I hired to review my plans for Twistered, Woulds, and Dogged (the Classic Childhood Murder series). If I can use the series idea, fine. If not, I'll revisit and rewrite. Won't rewrite Twistered. It's too set in Oz. But the others, yeah, I can come up with something.

Then it's back to the future with my "The Dystopian American Dream" series. I have made HUGE strides in that and am almost done with the first volume (3 books).

I am on a roll. Watch out!

No comments: